January 7, 2014 > 2013 City of Fremont Top 10 Year in Review Ð A Banner Year it Was!
2013 City of Fremont Top 10 Year in Review Ð A Banner Year it Was!
By Mayor Bill Harrison
The end of the year brings about Top 10 lists in oh-so many categories. So in the spirit of David Letterman, hereÕs ours! Introducing the 2013 City of Fremont Top 10 Year in Review List (In no particular order):
10) Fremont was one of three cities recognized as a winner of USA Weekend MagazineÕs National Make a Difference Day Competition and was featured in the Sunday insert! The Fremont Family Resource Center received a $10,000 award from NewmanÕs Own.
9) More local jobs! Companies choose Fremont for expansion - thank you to MenÕs Wearhouse, ThermoFisher, Delta Products, Seagate, and EFI!
8) Fremont hosted the Western Region Clean Tech Open, the leading force for accelerating clean technology entrepreneurs.
7) Regional powerhouse Pacific Commons, new home to TJMaxx/Home Goods and FireHouse Subs, has recently opened The BlockÑa shopping and entertainment sub-district, which features a variety of new retailers including MenÕs Wearhouse, Ulta, Krispy Kreme, The Habit and T-Mobile.
6) Lots happening in the Downtown. In addition to welcoming Whole Foods and Paragon Apartments, we were awarded the One Bay Area Grant (almost $6M!) to kick-start the Capitol Avenue Streetscape improvements that will create the pedestrian-oriented spine for the district.
5) Ranked 5th by 24/7 Wall Street as the ÒBest Run City in America.Ó http://bit.ly/18MLEFg
4) 4 out of 5 Fremont residents rate the Quality of Life in Fremont as ÒGoodÓ or ÒExcellentÓ in the 2013 Community Survey, an increase from 2012! http://bit.ly/JnXcJj
3) Recognized by livability.com as one of the Top 100 Places to live. http://bit.ly/1gCsx96
2) WeÕre one of the happiest mid-sized cities in the U.S. http://bit.ly/1cNdt4M
1) ThereÕs no question that Fremont has turned the corner from the greatest recession weÕve ever seen. Case in point: Fremont ranked #1 in the Top 10 Best Cities for Homebuyers by the Movato Real Estate Blog. http://bit.ly/1bTtAgg