December 31, 2013 > Have tree, will compost
Have tree, will compost
Submitted By City of Fremont
Remove all decorations, tinsel, lights, nails, and tree stands prior to pickup or drop-off. Trees that have any of these items are not compostable!
NOTE: Trees that contain fire retardant or flocking are not compostable.
SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENCES
Republic Services (Dec 30, 2013 - Jan 10, 2014 on scheduled collection day) Remember, collection is one day late Dec 25-27 and Jan 1-3
This program is only for residents who have a green organics cart from Republic Services. There is no extra fee for composting your Christmas tree at the curb and there is no need to call to request this service. Just leave your tree out using one of the following methods:
1. Put Compostable Tree in Green Organics Cart: Cut tree so pieces fit loosely in green organics cart with the lid closed. Place cart at the curb on your collection day.
2. Put Compostable Tree in Gutter (not sidewalk): If your tree is less than six feet in length, place the whole tree in the gutter on your collection day. If your tree is over six feet in length, cut the tree in half and place both halves in the gutter on your collection day.
3. Put Non-Compostable Tree in Blue or Black Garbage Cart or Call for Bulky Goods Pickup: (Please prepare your tree for composting first Ð use the disposal option only as a last resort). Cut tree so pieces fit loosely in garbage cart with the lid closed. Place cart at the curb on your collection day. Or, call Republic for a bulky goods pickup of your non-compostable tree at (510) 657-3500.
OPTIONS FOR MULTI-FAMILY DWELLINGS
Compostable trees should be placed at the location designated by the Property Manager.
Non-Compostable Trees with flocking, fire retardant, decorations, tinsel, nails, tree stands.
¥ Cut up and place in the garbage container.
¥ Do not place trees next to containers or inside trash enclosures.
¥ Do not overfill containers (items piled higher than the edge of the box
SINGLE AND MULTI-FAMILY
Boy Scout Troop Pickup: Saturday January 4, 2014; 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To make arrangements with the Boy Scouts, choose one of the following methods:
1. Mail a check or money order and the coupon at the bottom of this flyer (fees on coupon). The coupon and check must be received no later than Jan 2, 2014.
2. Call the City of Fremont Environmental Hotline at (510) 494-4580 no later than Jan 2, 2014 for recorded instructions on where to leave your tree and payment.
Republic Services Center (Dec 30, 2013 - Jan 31, 2014; Mon - Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
The drop-off program may be used by all Fremont residents. Note: Closed on New YearÕs Day. 42600 Boyce Road, Fremont; (510) 657-3500
Fees: No fee for compostable trees - $5.00 for non-compostable, decorated trees.
Republic Services Curbside Tree Pick Up Questions? Call Republic at 510-657-3500
BOY SCOUT COUPON
Make check or money order payable to: Boy Scouts of America
Circle amount: $5.00 compostable tree (no decorations) or $10.00 non-compostable tree (contains decorations)
Address: ____________________________________________________ Fremont, CA
Nearest Cross Street: ____________________________________ Apt No. _________(if applicable)
Location where tree will be left:____________________________________________________________
Mail coupon to: BSA Holiday Trees, Mike Whittaker
2356 Night Shade Lane, Fremont, CA 94539