Tri-City Voice Newspaper - What's Happening - Fremont, Hayward, Milpitas, Newark, Sunol and Union City, California


August 13, 2013 > Report potholes with your Smart Phone

Report potholes with your Smart Phone

Submitted By Guy Ashley

Did you notice a pothole or graffiti on your way to work? The Alameda County Public Works Agency has a versatile and user-friendly Smart Phone (Android, Apple) application "MOBILE CITIZEN" that will allow residents to report issues such as potholes, graffiti, illegal dumping, and other requests for services by simply taking a photo and submitting it directly to the Public Works Agency. The MOBILE CITIZEN application has GPS functionality, so it even maps the location. The MOBILE CITIZEN application is free and can be downloaded from iTunes and Google Play.

"We are always looking for ways to improve our service delivery," said Daniel Woldesenbet, Public Works Agency Director. "MOBILE CITIZEN will afford residents of unincorporated areas of Alameda County another way to communicate their needs directly with the Public Works Agency." Residents can continue to submit requests for service online and/or report a problem by calling (510) 670-5500 or by sending an email to

Home        Protective Services Classifieds   Community Resources   Archived Issues  
About Us   Advertising   Comments   Subscribe   TCV Store   Contact

Tri Cities Voice What's Happening - click to return to home page

Copyright © 2018 Tri-City Voice