July 9, 2013 > Washington Hospital's Summer/Fall 2013 Catalog Now Available
Washington Hospital's Summer/Fall 2013 Catalog Now Available
Health and Wellness Catalog Lists a Variety of Free Classes and Screenings
Washington Hospital's latest Health & Wellness Catalog is now available. The free catalog is a great tool for navigating the large number of useful classes and programs offered. The catalog includes a six month wall calendar for easy reference and is printed on recycled paper.
The Health & Wellness Catalog contains a complete list of upcoming classes from July through December 2013. The catalog also serves as a helpful resource for taking full advantage of your community hospital's other community services and top-notch medical programs.
Inside the new catalog you will find:
* A list of free community classes and seminars
* A complete list of Women's Health classes and programs offered through the Washington Women's Center
* Community services, such as the Washington Community Health Resource Library and Washington on Wheels (W.O.W) Mobile Health Clinic
* Health & Wellness education classes focusing on nutrition counseling, diabetes self-management, stroke education, wound care and cardiac rehabilitation
* Maternal health classes, including breastfeeding support services, parent preparation, prenatal classes and an Infant/Child CPR course for family and friends
* Information about Upcoming Health Fairs/Conferences: Washington Women's Center Think Pink Event (October 15); Children's Health & Safety Fair (October 26); Annual Diabetes Awareness Health Expo (November 23)
* Free community health screenings, including a free wound screening event: Take a Seat and Check Your Feet (November 2)
* Support groups for those living with different conditions and illnesses, such as breast cancer, Parkinson's disease and suffering the loss of a loved one
* Directory of services, complete with program descriptions and phone numbers
* Map and Directions to Washington Hospital, Washington Urgent Care and Washington West, which houses our Gamma Knife Center, Outpatient Lab, Lymphedema Clinic, Conrad E. Anderson, M.D. Auditoriums, Washington Women's Center and Outpatient
The free Health & Wellness classes and screenings are conducted by the physicians and caregivers of Washington Hospital. Most classes are held at the Conrad E. Anderson, M.D. Auditorium, 2500 Mowry Ave., (Washington West building) located across the street from the main hospital. Please check individual class information for location, date and time.
The summer/fall portion of the year offers a variety of classes - from learning about the latest treatment options for aneurysms, and how to manage back pain to treatment for anxiety and depression.
Make an Informed Decision About Your Health Insurance
Coming up in October are classes from Washington Hospital's Health Insurance Information Service (HIIS) on the Medicare Part D Prescription Plan for open enrollment and general Medicare updates for 2014. Also included on the back cover of the catalog is a full length article about HIIS and its free, confidential, nonbiased services available to anyone in the community.
Ongoing Health Education Series
The Washington Hospital Stroke Program offers a monthly stroke education class on the first Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. and the Washington Outpatient Diabetes Center offers a monthly Diabetes Matters education class the first Thursday of each month. Both classes take place at 2500 Mowry Avenue (Washington West) in Fremont.
New This Fall: Expert Care for Non-Healing Wounds
The Washington Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine will hold several seminars this fall on coping with chronic, non-healing wounds. Learn about what type of wounds can be treated and how they are healed. Wound care experts will talk about when you should see a wound care specialist. Anyone with diabetes, neuropathy, poor circulation or a non-healing wound is encouraged to attend. The seminars will be held July 25, September 26, and November 14, from 6 to 7 p.m. at 39141 Civic Center Dr., Suite 106, in Fremont. Registration is required. Call (510) 248-1518.
Request a Free Catalog
For a healthier tomorrow for you and your family, call Washington Hospital's Health Connection line at (800) 963-7070 to have a free copy of the new Health & Wellness Catalog mailed to your home.
Register for Classes Online
Washington Hospital's web site features a safe and secure online class registration system that allows you to browse and sign up for Washington Hospital's classes and health screenings. Registration for classes is easy. New users can even create an online account that allows you to view a class calendar and event map. To register for one of the seminars listed below, visit the Hospital's homepage (www.whhs.com) and click on the class listings under "Upcoming Seminars."
Upcoming Summer Health & Wellness Classes
Unless noted, all the classes listed below will take place at the Conrad E. Anderson, M.D. Auditorium, 2500 Mowry Avenue (Washington West) in Fremont.
Learn the Latest Treatment Options for Aneurysms
When: Tuesday, July 30, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
Sidelined by Back Pain? Get Back in the Game
When: Tuesday, August 20, 1 to 3 p.m.
Washington Women's Center Classes
Washington Women's Center classes are held in the Women's Center conference room located at 2500 Mowry Ave. (Washington West), Suite 150 in Fremont (unless otherwise noted). For more information, call (510) 608-1301. To register for classes, call (800) 963-7070 or go online at whhs.com.
Yard to Table
When: Wednesday, July 31, Noon to 1 p.m. (Fee: $5)
Location: Conrad E. Anderson, M.D. Auditorium, Room C
Yoga for Menopause
Class size limited to 25. Fee: $15
When: Tuesday, August 13, 7 to 9 p.m.
Location: Conrad E. Anderson, M.D. Auditorium, Room C
Call: (510) 608-1301 to register and make payment
Varicose Veins... Why We Get Them and How They are Treated
When: Wednesday, August 28, Noon to 1 p.m.
Book Club... "Still Alice" by Lisa Genova
When: Wednesday, September 11, 7 to 8:30 p.m.