July 2, 2013 > Prevent car theft
Prevent car theft
Most cars are taken by amateurs who can be stopped fairly easily. Protect your car against this type of crime by taking the following sensible precautions:
* An unlocked car is an open invitation to a car thief. Lock up whenever you leave your car, and take the keys with you.
* Lock the trunk or tailgate.
* Close all windows - professional thieves have tools that unlock cars through the
* When you park the car, remove cellular phones, stereo faceplates and other valuable possessions. Do not leave gift-wrapped packages or cameras lying on the seat. Lock all valuables in your trunk or take them with you.
* Lock your car even if you are making a quick stop at the gas station, convenience store or mini-mall.
For more crime prevention tips go to: www.hayward-ca.gov or http://user.govoutreach.com/hayward/faq.php?cid=11113