Tri-City Voice Newspaper - What's Happening - Fremont, Hayward, Milpitas, Newark, Sunol and Union City, California


June 25, 2013 > Is your child stressed or depressed?

Is your child stressed or depressed?

Submitted By FUSS Care Community

Is your child starting to manifest a change in his/her behavior?
Does he/she stop doing things that he/she loves?
Has he/she been developing eating problems or sleep disturbances?
Do you find your child isolating himself/herself from others?
Does he/she become sad or irritable easily?
Does he/she express a sense of hopelessness?
Does he/she perceive him/herself as being imperfect or a failure?
Are his/her grades declining?

If you have observed the above symptoms in your child, he/she may be suffering from depression. FUSS would like to build community support to address this issue. If you or someone you know, are feeling depressed or stressed and are having problems with studying and learning at school or home, please contact your school counselor or school psychologists promptly. Fremont Youth and Family Services Counseling is another good source, located at 39155 Liberty St., Suite E500, Fremont or call (510) 574-2100.

The following are some free hotline services available to you and your family:
Crisis Support Services of Alameda County: Teens for Life Hotline: 1-(800)-309-2131
CA Youth Crisis Line: 1-(800)-843-5200
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-(800)-273-8255 (TALK)
National Runaway Switchboard: 1-(800)-786-2929 (RUNAWAY)

FUSS Care Community Mailbox:

Home        Protective Services Classifieds   Community Resources   Archived Issues  
About Us   Advertising   Comments   Subscribe   TCV Store   Contact

Tri Cities Voice What's Happening - click to return to home page

Copyright © 2018 Tri-City Voice