February 12, 2013 > Dryer Fire
Submitted By Capt. Steve Silva, FFD
On February 8, 2013, Fremont Fire Department responded to a reported roof fire at 42574 Hamilton Way. Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the attic area above the garage. Crews extended hose lines into the house, and were able to contain the fire to the garage and part of the attic. The truck company opened the roof for ventilation, while another crew searched and confirmed no occupants were in the house. Control of the blaze was achieved in 15 minutes. The fire originated in the dryer inside the garage and had spread to the attic area above the garage to the roof. Damage was estimated at approximately $45,000. No injuries to firefighters or civilians were reported.