Tri-City Voice Newspaper - What's Happening - Fremont, Hayward, Milpitas, Newark, Sunol and Union City, California


August 28, 2012 > Federal lunch and food programs for schools

Federal lunch and food programs for schools

Submitted By Carleen England

New Haven Unified School District (NHUSD) participates in child nutrition programs offered by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The school district receives funding providing nutritious meals for breakfast, lunch and snacks to NHUSD students. Parents who have children in the district are encouraged to fill out a meal application to determine the eligibility category for school meals. The information that parents provide is confidential and will be used only for eligibility determinations and verification of the data.

To determine your eligibility for the meal program, you must apply and provide information regarding household size and income. Households that receive Food Stamps, California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKS), or Kinship Guardian Assistance Payment Program (Kin-GAP) will be notified of their child's automatic eligibility to receive free meals, and do not need to apply unless they do not receive our notification. These children will be provided free meal benefits unless the school is contacted and the free meals are declined.

2012-2013 Meal Applications will be available online on the Food & Nutrition page of the district website: If you require a paper application, they will be available at all school sites, the District Office, and at the office of Food & Nutrition Services located at 2831 Faber Street Union City, California 94587.

Should you have questions please contact Food and Nutrition Services at (510) 475-3992, ext 60746.

Home        Protective Services Classifieds   Community Resources   Archived Issues  
About Us   Advertising   Comments   Subscribe   TCV Store   Contact

Tri Cities Voice What's Happening - click to return to home page

Copyright © 2018 Tri-City Voice