April 20, 2012 > Chabot College to present original student plays
Chabot College to present original student plays
Submitted By Patricia Russell
The Chabot College Theater Arts Department will present "Emerging Work," six short original student plays, at 7 p.m. on April 28 in Room 1328 in the Reed L. Buffington Visual and Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $5 at the door; permit parking is $2. Audiences also can attend the plays on two separate bills.
April 24 and 26: 8 p.m.
- "Waiting to Go" by Colleen Sullivan, a fast paced drama set in a traffic jam at the Caldecott Tunnel.
- "She Waits" by Roberta Guererro, about two adult sisters dealing with the issues of a dying mother.
- "Nice Guys" by Kellen Smith, a relationship comedy between zany, witty buddies.
April 25 and 27: 8 p.m.
- "Snapped" by Seth Andersen, a day in the life of David, who is on the edge of "losin' it."
- "Those Who Wait" by Jasmine Costa, a sweet, romantic comedy and an unlikely match-making tale.
- "Rock 'n' Roll Renegades" by Jeff Olivero, about three wild and crazy friends trying to do the impossible.
For more information, contact theater arts instructor Rachel LePell at RLePell@chabotcollege.edu, or (510) 723-6830.
Saturday, April 28
Reed L. Buffington Visual and Performing Arts Center
25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward