October 11, 2011 > Nominations for Business Person of the Year
Nominations for Business Person of the Year
Submitted By Kim Huggett
The Hayward Chamber of Commerce invites nominations for its Business Person of the Year who will be honored at the 68th annual Hayward Chamber of Commerce Celebration Awards Gala on January 28, 2012, along with Hayward's Police Officer, Firefighter and Educator of the Year.
Identify your nominee and submit answers to the questions below to the selection committee at the Chamber office by October 31, 2011. The selection committee will evaluate nominees according to responses to each of the questions, so please number your answers. All nominations will be held in strictest confidence.
1) Give three reasons why your nominee deserves recognition;
2) How long and why has the nominee maintained his/her business in Hayward?
3) Describe the person's business. For example, what products or services are provided, how many employees work there, what factors have contributed to its success?
4) Describe the person in terms of their business innovation, imagination, creativity, resourcefulness and dealing with challenges;
5) What are some interesting or special characteristics that single out your nominee from others in the same industry?
6) Describe the nominee's service or volunteer efforts in the community, such as work with service clubs, non-profit organizations, city commissions or committees, or the chamber of commerce.
Nominations should be sent to: Hayward Business Person of the Year Committee, Hayward Chamber of Commerce, 22561 Main Street, Hayward, CA 94541.
The Hayward Business Person of the Year Award is sponsored by Kaiser Permanente.
For more information, call (510) 537-2424, fax (510) 537-2730 or visit www.Hayward.org