Tri-City Voice Newspaper - What's Happening - Fremont, Hayward, Milpitas, Newark, Sunol and Union City, California


September 2, 2011 > Newark Police Log

Newark Police Log

Submitted By Cmdr Bob Douglas, Newark PD

August 27
At 10:12 a.m., Sitteruiet Taylor of Newark ran the red light at the intersection of Thornton Avenue and Cherry Street and broadsided a vehicle, causing minor injuries to the driver of the other vehicle. The suspect then attempted to flee on foot with a group of junior high school-aged girls and their mothers who had been hosting a car wash at the intersection chasing after him. Responding units located the suspect a few blocks away where he was arrested.

At 8:32 p.m., NPD units were detailed to the area of Olive/Graham on what was first reported as a shooting; ultimately it was learned that a stabbing had occurred. Officers stopped a vehicle fleeing the scene and arrested James Shultz. As of this writing, the victim is recovering after surgery.

August 28
At 10:05 p.m., a female victim was walking from the parking lot to her residence in the 6100 block of Thornton Avenue (Foxwood) when a suspect rode by on a bicycle and grabbed her inappropriately. The suspect was described as a Hispanic male adult, 21-22 years of age, skinny build, about 5'7", short black colored hair, dark colored eyes, dark complexion and wearing a white colored tight fitted t-shirt.

August 29
A local hospital called NPD at 10:07 p.m. to report that a 33-year-old female was admitted for severe burns. Kaiser asked that NPD check the area of the EZ-8 Motel for the subject's vehicle, because they thought she may have been involved in an auto accident. It was later learned that the subject's burns were actually caused by stripping copper wire. The subject was transferred to a local burn unit. At the time of this writing the location of this incident had not been established. Investigation is on-going.

Tuesday August 30, 2011
Officers responded to Newpark Mall at 6:10 p.m. on a report of an 11-year-old girl that had not been seen since departing from her family with a teenage male acquaintance whom they saw at the mall at approximately 4:30 p.m. Officers subsequently learned the girl and her 13-year-old friend where safe at a location in Fremont.

Home        Protective Services Classifieds   Community Resources   Archived Issues  
About Us   Advertising   Comments   Subscribe   TCV Store   Contact

Tri Cities Voice What's Happening - click to return to home page

Copyright © 2018 Tri-City Voice