Tri-City Voice Newspaper - What's Happening - Fremont, Hayward, Milpitas, Newark, Sunol and Union City, California


November 12, 2010 > Santa Clara County seeks volunteers for Boards and Commissions

Santa Clara County seeks volunteers for Boards and Commissions

Submitted By Gwendolyn Mitchell and Laurel Anderson

Santa Clara County invites dynamic volunteers to serve on County Boards and Commissions in an advisory capacity to the Board of Supervisors on a broad range of issues.

Each member of the Board of Supervisors appoints volunteers to represent his or her district on Boards and Commissions. Terms are three to four years and members of a commission may serve up to three consecutive terms. Appointments are made on a regular basis. Except where noted, all commissioners serve in unpaid volunteer positions. All board and commission meetings are held at the County Government Center and are open to the public.

The Board of Supervisors will appoint volunteers to fill the following vacancies:

Advisory Council to the Council on Aging; Advisory Commission on Consumer Affairs; Assessment Appeals Boards I, II and III; Assessment Appeals Hearing Officers; Board of Plumbing Examiners; Certification Appeals Board; Child Abuse Council; Code Enforcement Appeals Board; Commission on the Status of Women; Correctional Industries Advisory Board; Domestic Violence Council; Fairgrounds Management Corporation; Fish & Game Commission; Uvas/Llagas Flood Control and Watershed (South Zone); Health Advisory Commission; HIV Planning Council for Prevention and Care; Housing and Community Development Advisory Committee; Joint Community Relations for Reid-Hillview Airport; Lake Canyon Community Services District; National Guard & Veterans Affairs Commission; Parks & Recreation Commission; San Martin Planning Advisory Committee; Senior Care Commission; Social Services Advisory Commission; Sister County Advisories Commissions (commission activities must be self-supporting through fundraising or donations) - Province of Florence (Italy Sister County Advisory Commission), Hsinchu County (Taiwan Sister County Advisory Commission), Moscow City and Region (Russia Sister County Advisory Commission).

For more information, a list of vacancies or to apply online, visit or contact the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Records Unit at (408) 299-5001. Interested parties may also contact their individual Board of Supervisor's office.

Home        Protective Services Classifieds   Community Resources   Archived Issues  
About Us   Advertising   Comments   Subscribe   TCV Store   Contact

Tri Cities Voice What's Happening - click to return to home page

Copyright © 2018 Tri-City Voice