Tri-City Voice Newspaper - What's Happening - Fremont, Hayward, Milpitas, Newark, Sunol and Union City, California

 

October 19, 2010 > Two injured in apartment fire

Two injured in apartment fire

By Meenu Gupta

An unattended pot left on a stove started a fire in a four-unit apartment complex at 133 N. Temple Drive. The incident was reported on Thursday, October 14 at 5:58 a.m. According to Battalion Chief Melvin Vaughn, Milpitas Fire Department, the apartment complex was engulfed in smoke as flames appeared from the north-facing upstairs apartment. All four units were evacuated with two minor injuries reported. Paramedics treated a woman with minor smoke inhalation and a man with a small laceration to his finger at the scene; both were released. No additional injuries were reported. According to the Milpitas Fire Department, direct fire damage was limited to the kitchen while the rest of the apartment sustained major smoke damage.

Home        Protective Services Classifieds   Community Resources   Archived Issues  
About Us   Advertising   Comments   Subscribe   TCV Store   Contact

Tri Cities Voice What's Happening - click to return to home page

Copyright © 2014 Tri-City Voice