April 8, 2009 > Giving back, prom style
Giving back, prom style
Submitted By Donna Fitzwater
With the economic downturn and many families struggling to simply get by, it may seem hard to find the time or the effort to think about others. Yet, there are still many people making an effort to give back to their community.
Prom Possible 2009 will help Hayward high school students who might not otherwise be able to attend prom because of financial need. On Saturday morning April 25, eager teenage girls will swarm the Hayward Senior Center looking for the perfect outfit to make their prom dreams a reality. You can help.
Prom Possible needs:
* New or gently used formal gowns, vintage dresses, or fancy party dresses (dry cleaned, please)
* Accessories such as evening purses, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and rings
* Gift certificates for hair and manicure/pedicure services
* Financial donations to help purchase prom tickets
Drop off donations at the following locations by April 17, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 888-0102 or Nicole Dennis at (510) 885-0394.
* Kay's Bridal Boutique, 21120 Redwood Road, Castro Valley
* Keller Williams Realtors, 3000 E. Castro Valley Blvd Suite A, Castro Valley
* Hayward Area Recreation and Park District Office, 1099 E Street, Hayward
* Hayward Unified School District Office, 24411 Amador Street, Hayward
Prom Possible is a collaboration of Volunteer Hayward and the Hayward Area Recreation and Park District. The Prom Possible Advisory Group is comprised of students from Castro Valley High School, Foothill High School, Moreau High, and adults from the community who are trying to make a small difference in the lives of Hayward teens.
Saturday, April 25
9 a.m. to noon
Hayward Senior Center
22325 N. Third St., Hayward