June 12, 2007 > Nutrition for Seniors
Nutrition for Seniors
Submitted By Richard Bray
Nutrition for Seniors is a program presented by Older Adult Services of the Alameda County Library. Remaining healthy as we age is of primary importance and the role of nutrition in the health of older adults cannot be overstated! Older adults have specific nutritional needs based on their age and physiology. Exciting research is suggesting that eating specific foods can help support good health.
Mary Louise Zernicke, the speaker, is a registered dietician, specializing in gerontological nutrition and a past senior nutritionist for Alameda County's Adult and Aging Services.
Ms. Zernicke will address the following points as well as answer questions from the audience:
* Diet recommendations keep changing - what am I supposed to eat?
* Should I take supplements?
* Do I need special foods because I am taking medications?
* How much & what kind of physical activities are recommended?
Nutrition for seniors
Wednesday, June 20
Fremont Main Library
2400 Stevenson Blvd., Fremont
(510) 745-1401 or (510) 745-1499
No reservation is required